Friday 31 December 2010

New Years Eve ( noche viejo)

It is the eve of a new year and time to start thinking of new resolutions to make that will soon be broken.  I wonder, seriously, why bother but I guess part of the process is really to reflect on old habits, to have some humility and to try to better ourselves and or to be better to those around us.  So tonight I will throw my good intentions into the universe and proceed with tomorrow with my head held high and a smile on my face and a hello to all that I meet.  Our future is only as bright as each and every one of us is willing to make it. So here is to wishing all a happy new year and many more to follow.

     Plenty of time has passed since I last wrote and a lot has been accomplished on our construction project along with on our personal front.
  • Debi’s dad spent the last three weeks with us and left for the U.S. the day before Christmas.
  • The fundraiser for the village kids (sounds like a band) was a great success.  This event helps new aspiring artists with paint supplies and lessons.
  •    Debi and I started our own painting classes again this winter along with a cooking class on how to make great chili rellenos…Yum! 
  • We had a very nice Christmas lunch at one of the local restaurants for all of our workers. 
  • And now our good friend Annie is here visiting us for a few weeks.
  We never seem to lack for things to keep us busy and we love it here.  It’s hard to believe that in a few days we will have been in Mexico for 3 months already!  My how time flies when you don’t have to shovel snow!

     The construction continues to move ahead rapidly and is proving to be a very smooth process.  We are extremely happy with our builders and feel we are getting fair pricing on our changes that have been made so far.  We are being very careful to get all our change orders in writing before proceeding so there are no surprises in the end.  This also protects the builders as well as us especially when I have such a poor memory.  We added 2 kitchenettes and 2 built in sofas to the lower bedrooms and added a lot of electrical upgrades to the house.
     The lower level walls are all at full height and the majority of the roughed in plumbing and electric is completed.  Next week or the following the second level floor will be formed and poured….oh boy, pumper trucks and cement trucks one more time!   I have actually had a difficult time sleeping because of my excitement to see what they will accomplish each following day!

In the new year I will post new photos of the house but to end this year I leave you with some pics from my kayak trip in the lagoon the other day.  Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment