Tuesday 16 November 2010

(4) The Pour

     Saturday morning I watched as a big white pumper truck rolled past in front of the place we are staying.   Then 15 minutes later I saw a concrete truck go by in the same direction.   "Debi, are you ready?  The concrete is here so... lets go watch!"    When we arrived at our lot the first of 3 concrete trucks was already backed up to the pumper and ready to start.  Great timing because I'm like a  little kid in a candy shop when it comes to watching heavy equipment at work and I didn't want to miss a thing.  The pumper truck's bum swung a good 75' out and above the concrete forms and without hesitation started the pour.  It was a beautiful sight, almost brought tears to my eyes.  I watched as they poured concrete for 2 hours....Debi watched for 15 minutes before she left.  I guess she just doesn't share the same enthusiasm I have for these sorts of things.  Anyway, the crew worked like a well oiled machine putting concrete into all the forms and then leveling everything off in preparation for the tabicon that will complete the foundation walls.  Wow!!!  What a great feeling to actually see something more permanent going in at this point.  It is one thing to see wood forms and rebar in place but to actually have solid concrete really drives home the point that this building is going to happen!




No comments:

Post a Comment